The all new Big Green Egg MiniMax is proof that great things come in small packages – and this EGG is the first to arrive with its own transportation in the form of a sturdy, easy to grip Carrier!
While MiniMax is perfect for camping, poolside and entertaining at the rugby or soccer, it is just at home at award-winning restaurants around the world where top chefs love exploring the EGG’s versatility and discovering the amazing flavours produced in such a compact and high performance package. MiniMax is built to perform and is ready to travel to wherever your culinary interests take you!
Opening the MiniMax dome reveals a stainless steel cooking grid measuring 33 cm in diameter for a whopping 855 cm2 of cooking area ? all within a convenient 50 cm height! And, of course, MiniMax is constructed from the same ultra high-quality ceramics as the other six EGG sizes, and comes with the same best-in-class limited lifetime warranty.
The MiniMax Big Green Egg arrives in one complete package ? including a sturdy, easy to grip Carrier.
Note: all accessories should be bought separately, including the Nest Stand.
- The Egg will arrive dissasembled, with an assembly kit
- Set up the larger eggs on a stable surface, where you will be using it. It’s heavy, so you won’t want to move it around much
- If you are using the Nest, set it up somewhere stable, where it cannot roll about
Big Green Egg MiniMax Specifications
- Grid Diameter: 33 cm
- Cooking Area: 855 sq cm
- Height: 50 cm
Most popular Eggcessories:
- Vertical Chicken Roasters and Round Drip Pan
- Small V-Rack
The Big Green Egg MiniMax can cook
- 6kg turkey
- 4 burgers
- 1 chickens vertically
- 2 steaks
- 1 rack of ribs
- Be very cautious when unloading and setting up the Big Green Egg, as parts are heavy and metal edges can be sharp
- Always cook with the dome closed, so the system can regulate airflow and temperature properly
- Use only natural lump charcoal, not wood or briquettes to fuel the Egg
- Never use lighter fluid, as ceramic is porous and will absorb the odour permanently
- Cook below 177°C for the first few times, to let everything settle properly
- When cooking at high temperatures, remember to vent or ‘burp’ the Egg before lifting the lid fully. Do this by lifting the lid just a little a few times, to allow a small amount of air in before opening fully, to prevent a big downdraft causing a flare up
- When handling hot metal or ceramics, use heatproof gloves
- Use the ceramic damper to snuff out the fire in the Egg, by depriving it of oxygen. Never use water to put the fire out, as the porous ceramic will absorb it and can crack because of it
- Don’t stoke or turn coals once lit, as the firebox is designed to light evenly and clearly
- Maintain the nuts and bolts, ensuring that they are tight enough
- NEVER light or use the Big Green Egg indoors
- Limited lifetime warranty (more details here)
- To ensure that your warranty is valid, register your Big Green Egg with them here
- Five year warranty on metal parts
- Warranties are for private, residential or home use, and not for commercial or business use
- Warranties do not cover dropping or breakage, just manufacturing and technical faults