Wood smoking chips add a varietyof delicious flavours to foods cooked over the coals. Each type of wood will impart a different flavour to meats or other foods, resulting in an endless variety of new flavour combinations. Chips are available in 2.9L bags.
Chips are great for smoking, giving a deeper, more intense flavour to most meat dishes
- Apple Chips – provide a natural sweetness that is mild enough to use with fish, shellfish and poultry
- Cherry Smoke – is very mild with a slight fruity flavoring and pairs well with game birds and almost any meat including beef tenderloin, pork, poultry, and lamb.
- Hickory Smoking Chips – enhance any red meat such as brisket and pork butt or shoulder, as well as turkey and chicken
- Pecan Smoking Chips – add a rich, mellow flavor suitable for chicken and fish. Smoking with pecan wood gives poultry a golden brown skin that enhances any holiday table.
- Jack Daniels Smoking Chips – are a good choice for flavoring any steak. These chips pair well with many of the same meats as oak chips ? beef, veal, pork and poultry.
How to Use
- Kiln dried wood chips
- Enhances the flavour of dishes
- For longer cooks, use the wood chunks
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Soak before use in water, or if you are feeling adventurous you could soak them in beer, wine, fruit juice or cordial for extra flavour.